In cooperation with the U.S. Embassy Consular Section, AmCham has implemented a system to expedite the U.S. visa application process for AmCham members. Premium Processing allows AmCham member company employees to be scheduled an interview at the U.S. Embassy Consular Section within five business days or less.
Premium Processing incorporates the following steps:
1. Complete an online visa application form (DS-160) at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/.
2. Pay the U.S. visa fee. For payment process details, please visit: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru_ru/ru-niv-visapay.asp#
3. Create your profile: http://cgifederal.force.com/SiteRegister?country=&language=en_MY (click only “Update profile”, fill in all fields, then click “Save” and “Log out”)
4. The request sent tomust contain:
• The completed AmCham form
• A letter from the employer (an AmCham member company) containing the employee’s start date and monthly salary
• A scanned copy of the receipt showing payment of the U.S. visa fee
• A scanned copy DS-160 confirmation page
• A scanned copy of a written statement (invitation) from the host organization, including the purpose of travel, requested period of entry, and accompanying persons (if applicable)
5. AmCham will send the applicant a notification of the date of his/her interview with an Embassy official.
AmCham members are allocated special interview times. Premium Processing encourages applications for three-year visas and support for eligible (immediate) family members wishing to travel with the applicant.
AmCham can endorse applications for visa applications on behalf of its members who meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be full-time employees of AmCham-member companies. [If a spouse and children under the age of 18 of employees of member companies are traveling WITH the employee, they are also eligible for AmCham submission].
• Applicants must be traveling to the United States for short-term business only.
Please do not submit cases for the following employees:
• Employees seeking to travel to the United States for purposes other than short-term business
• Employees who are part-time, on internships, or temporary employees
• Contacts or employees of partner or affiliated companies
• Contractors of AmCham member companies
• Employees with U.S. visa refusals within the past two years
• Any individual who has lost a passport containing a valid U.S. visa
Please be aware that AmCham special processing does not guarantee issuance of a visa.
Due to Homeland Security regulations, visa applicants working in scientific and technical fields must allow three weeks for their applications to be processed.
Applicants who cancel or miss appointments must reschedule their appointments through the regular process at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ (not through AmCham Premium Processing).