The American Chamber of Commerce in Russia held its first regional briefing of 2008 on February 20. The event - an Olympic Infrastructure Briefing
- featured Simon Vainshtock, President of Olimpstroy
Corporation. Dr. Vainshtock discussed the Olimpstroy Corporation and the program of construction of Olympic facilities in Sochi ahead of the 2014 Winter Olympics.
At the present time, dates have been set for the following 2008 regional briefings:
- Mar 27, 2008: Sverdlovsk Oblast Briefing by Governor Eduard Rossel
- April 02, 2008: Ivanovo Oblast Briefing by Governor Mikhail Men
- April 23, 2008: Saratov Oblast Briefing by Governor Pavel Ipatov
- May 14, 2008: Tomsk Oblast Briefing with Governor Victor Kress
AmCham will also lead a trade mission to the Republic of Tatarstan on July 8-9, 2008. A meeting with Mintimer Sharipovich Shaymiev
, President of the Republic of Tatarstan, has been confirmed.